Clash of Clans is one of the most popular mobile strategy games out there. In this epic combat game, players build their own villages, raise armies, and wage war against other players. One of the most powerful and iconic troops in Clash of Clans is the P.E.K.K.A.
The P.E.K.K.A, which stands for Perfect Enraged Knight Killer of Assassins, is a heavy-hitting melee fighter that can dish out huge damage. With its menacing armor and massive sword, the P.E.K.K.A is an intimidating presence on the battlefield. But what exactly is this troop and why is it so important in Clash of Clans gameplay?
First off, the P.E.K.K.A is one of the strongest ground troops in the game. Unlocked at Town Hall level 7, this armored behemoth has very high hitpoints, allowing it to absorb tremendous damage before going down. The P.E.K.K.A also packs a huge wallop with its sword attacks that can one-shot smaller troops. While fairly slow, once a group of P.E.K.K.A gets near defenses or the enemy’s town hall, they can demolish them in seconds.
In addition to its raw strength, the P.E.K.K.A has some key capabilities that make it a versatile troop. Unlike most ground troops, the P.E.K.K.A is immune to spring traps, making it great for clearing trapped areas. Its high HP also lets it tank for glass cannon troops like wizards behind it. When attacking, a P.E.K.K.A can carve a path straight into the core of an enemy base. On defense, P.E.K.K.A can hold the line and defend against waves of troops.
Finally, one of the P.E.K.K.A’s signature qualities is its “enraged” mode. After losing half its hitpoints, the P.E.K.K.A deals double damage. This makes a damaged P.E.K.K.A incredibly dangerous, able to shred buildings and troops in seconds while under rage. Capitalizing on this enraged state is an important P.E.K.K.A strategy.
In summary, with its formidable stats, versatile uses, and enraged mode, the P.E.K.K.A is one of the most indispensable troops for attacking and defending in Clash of Clans. Its sheer strength and tanking ability gives players a powerful option for demolishing enemy villages. For these reasons, mastering P.E.K.K.A tactics is a key to victory.
P.E.K.K.A. Stats and Abilities
The P.E.K.K.A is a heavy, armored ground troop with very high hitpoints and damage output. Here is an in-depth look at the P.E.K.K.A’s stats and abilities:
- The P.E.K.K.A has 3300 hitpoints at level 1.
- This goes up to a massive 7200 hitpoints when maxed out at level 8.
- Having over 7000 HP allows the P.E.K.K.A to absorb an incredible amount of damage before going down.
- The P.E.K.K.A’s HP is on par with that of the Golem, the tankiest troop in the game.
- With its huge HP pool, the P.E.K.K.A excels at soaking up damage from defenses like Wizard Towers and Inferno Towers.
- It can tank for long periods of time, protecting weaker troops behind it.
- The P.E.K.K.A’s HP gives it staying power to reach and demolish the core of an enemy base.
- The P.E.K.K.A deals 260 damage per second at level 1.
- When maxed out, it reaches 520 damage per second, which is massive.
- This high damage lets the P.E.K.K.A shred through buildings rapidly.
- Under rage spell, its damage output is even more devastating.
- The P.E.K.K.A can one-shot lower HP troops like Archers.
- Its damage is essential for demolishing key defenses and the enemy Town Hall quickly.
- The P.E.K.K.A has a movement speed of 16 at all levels.
- This makes it one of the slower ground troops in the game.
- The P.E.K.K.A’s slow speed balances its very high HP and damage stats.
- It needs time to trudge through the battlefield and engage buildings and defenses.
- Smart opponents will try to delay and distract the P.E.K.K.A since it’s slow moving.
- The P.E.K.K.A’s speed requires it to be used strategically, supported by faster troops.
- The P.E.K.K.A targets defenses first like cannons, archer towers, etc.
- After defenses, it will target the nearest building.
- Lastly, it will attack enemy ground troops if they engage it.
- The P.E.K.K.A ignores air troops, making it vulnerable to air attacks.
- Knowing its targeting behavior helps immensely when deciding deployment strategy.
- Send P.E.K.K.A toward defenses you want destroyed and keep it protected from air raids.
- The P.E.K.K.A’s signature ability is its enraged mode.
- After losing 50% of its hitpoints, the P.E.K.K.A becomes enraged.
- In this state, all its damage is doubled for the rest of its life.
- An enraged P.E.K.K.A does over 1000 damage per second at max level.
- It can shred a Town Hall in seconds while enraged.
- Triggering the enraged state at key moments can be the difference between victory and defeat.
- The P.E.K.K.A is also immune to spring traps due to its large size.
- This enables it to be used to trigger and soak up multiple spring traps at once.
The combination of the P.E.K.K.A’s colossal hitpoints, high damage, and special abilities makes it a versatile troop that excels on both offense and defense. Its stats allow it to fill key roles like tanking, high DPS raiding, and spring trap clearing. When used properly, the lumbering P.E.K.K.A is an unstoppable force on the battlefield.
How to Use P.E.K.K.As Effectively
Mastering P.E.K.K.A tactics is crucial for Clash of Clans success. Here are some tips on using P.E.K.K.As effectively:
Best Attacking Strategies
- P.E.K.K.A Smash – Use P.E.K.K.As with Wall Breakers and Wizards to smash towards the core. Rage the P.E.K.K.As once they enter the base.
- Queen Walk P.E.K.K.A Smash – Clear an entry point with the Queen. Then send in P.E.K.K.As and support troops. Very powerful attack strategy.
- P.E.K.K.A Zap – Use Lightning Spells to take out key defenses, then deploy P.E.K.K.As to dismantle the crippled base.
- P.E.K.K.A Spam – Flood the base with P.E.K.K.As from multiple angles, supported by other troops like Wizards. Overwhelms many bases.
- P.E.K.K.A + Golems – Use Golems to tank and P.E.K.K.As behind for DPS. Balances tanking and damage nicely.
- P.E.K.K.A + Witches – Skeletons from Witches distract defenses allowing P.E.K.K.As to advance and wreck buildings.
- P.E.K.K.A + Bowlers – Bowlers stay behind P.E.K.K.As and deal splash damage to nearby buildings. Devastating combo.
Best Defensive Strategies
- Place P.E.K.K.As to guard key defenses near the Town Hall and center of the base.
- Use them to defend against Hog Riders, Giants, and other tanks trying to penetrate the core.
- Place them so they engage approaching troops quickly, before too much damage is done.
- Use Archer Towers and Air Defenses to protect P.E.K.K.As from air attacks.
- Utilize their power during war in Clan Castle. They can shred attacks cold when defending your Town Hall.
Common Mistakes to Avoid
- Not protecting P.E.K.K.As adequately from splash damage and air troops.
- Letting them wander off across the map away from your main push or getting distracted.
- Not capitalizing on their enraged state by rage spelling or directing them well.
- Deploying them too early and allowing defenses to gradually whittle down their HP.
- Failing to properly funnel them towards the core defenses and Town Hall.
The P.E.K.K.A is one of the most feared and respected troops in all of Clash of Clans. Its heavy armor, massive sword, and menacing scowl strike terror into the hearts of enemies everywhere in the game. While slow, once P.E.K.K.As reach the core of an enemy base, they inflict devastating damage, obliterating buildings, walls and defending troops with ease. Their versatility, power, and sheer durability make them a prized troop.
However, as with any troop, proper tactics and strategy are required to fully leverage the P.E.K.K.A’s capabilities. Players must avoid treating them as “build and forget” type units. Rather, you need to play to their strengths while mitigating their weaknesses.
The P.E.K.K.A’s strengths lie in their colossal hitpoints, allowing them to absorb punishment on offense and defense. Their high damage per second enables them to shred structures rapidly once engaged on them. The P.E.K.K.A’s immunity to spring traps is also invaluable for triggering and clearing trapped areas. Most of all, their enraged mode after losing half health makes already terrifying P.E.K.K.As outright apocalyptic for a brief period.
That being said, the P.E.K.K.A has clear vulnerabilities. Their slow movement speed means you must properly protect them and be judicious in deploying them. Their lack of anti-air capability also makes them sitting ducks for Dragons or Minions without adequate support. Perhaps most critically, you need to ensure clear, unimpeded access to the core so they actually reach their targets. A poorly funneled P.E.K.K.A quickly loses ferocity.
To fully capitalize on this powerful troop, concentrate on complimenting the P.E.K.K.A’s strengths in an attack strategy while covering for its weaknesses. Guide them directly into the enemy’s most critical buildings using funneling and Wall Breakers. Support them with faster ranged units and air defense so they can close in on defenses unhindered. Time Rage Spells carefully to amplify their damage when it would cripple an enemy most. Be selective in when to deploy them to preserve their hitpoints for later enraged destruction.
On defense, use P.E.K.K.As to add powerful melee DPS to your village. Protect them with Wizard Towers and Air Defenses. Use them at vital chokepoints to shred Wall Breakers and other enemy tanks. Distract attackers with traps allowing your P.E.K.K.As to build up rage and obliterate assaults.
The P.E.K.K.A will serve any player well who learns its capabilities and tailors complementary strategies around it. Their fearsome attributes are true game-changers when implemented thoughtfully. If you understand the P.E.K.K.A’s strengths and compensate for its limitations, it will enable you to crush opponents and climb to new heights in Clash of Clans. The P.E.K.K.A certainly lives up to its original acronym – the Perfect Knight Killer of Assassins. Unleash it wisely upon your enemies.